BLACK SEA BASS WITH SHRIMP IN LEMON SCAMPI SAUCE
I am always looking for new seafood recipes, especially when I’m about to head offshore for some fishing. Since Black Sea Bass is likely to be one of the species we target, sea bass topped with shrimp in a lemon scampi sauce sounds perfect to try. Sea bass is firm and lean, with a mild, delicate flavor and this recipe should work well with any mild, white-fleshed fish.
· 1- 1 ½ lbs. black sea bass fillets
· 16-20 shrimp peeled and deveined
· 1 tablespoon capers
· 1 clove garlic – finely chopped
· 1 tsp lemon juice (more or less to taste)
· Splash of white wine
· 2 ounces vegetable stock
· 1 tablespoon of butter rolled in flour
· ½ teaspoon Italian parsley – finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Place sea bass fillets in a baking pan. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
3. Add a little water to the pan to help keep the sea bass moist
4. Roast Sea Bass for 15-20 minutes
5. In a sauté pan add olive oil and chopped garlic. When the garlic starts to cook add the shrimp.
6. Turn the shrimp over and add the capers.
7. When shrimp are almost fully cooked add a splash of white wine.
8. Add stock, lemon juice and butter rolled in flour.
9. As the sauce begins to thicken, add chopped parsley
10. Remove from heat and serve over plated Black Sea Bass fillets.
11. Garnish with sliced lemon and serve with your favorite sides.
Don’t forget a glass of Chardonnay and crusty bread- always perfect with fish & shrimp. Nobody will blame you for soaking up the extra sauce! #LiveThePassion!