SNAPPER, SHRIMP & MARGARITA SAUCE
My friend Alisa Johnson is off snapper and grouper fishing this weekend with her family, so the idea of PAN SEARED RED SNAPPER & SHRIMP IN A LIME MARGARITA SAUCE hit me just right:
2 6-7 ounce Red Snapper Fillets Imultiply ingredients as your plans for guests increase)
Sea Salt and Black Pepper
As many jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined as you want!
12 grape tomatoes cut long ways (I cut up end of season tomatoes)
1 tablespoon olive oil (enough just to coat bottom of pan)
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro -chopped
2 ounces tequila or more :-)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
Juice from one lime or more if you use more trequila
1 tablespoon lime zest
HOW TO COOK:
1. Season Red Snapper with Sea Salt and Black Pepper
2. Add olive oil to large saute pan.
3. Allow pan to get hot before adding snapper
4. Add Snapper and sear the top until nicely brown
5. Place snapper in a baking dish with a little water.
6. Place in a 350 degree preheated oven for 15 minutes
7. In same saute pan add tomatoes and shrimp till almost fully cooked
8. Remove from heat.
9. In small saute pan, add 1 tbsp butter. After melting, add brown sugar 10. Blend well. and squeeze in lime juice & add tequila.
11. Allow alcohol to burn off and add last tbsp of butter
12. Allow mixture to thicken and remove from heat
13. Take snapper out of over (if not already out)
14. Remove shrimp from saute pan, add to lime sauce pan, gently reheat
15. Serve Red Snapper- remove bottom skin when taking out baking dish 16. While preparing the fish and sauce, make your favorite rice (microwave 90 seconds for me)
17. Place fish on rice. Arrange tomatoes around the fish & top with shrimp and margarita sauce
18. Top with lime zest and chopped cilantro & Bon Appetit!